Skip to Main Content
Michigan State University masthead graphic

Information Services Questions & Answers

  • How do I update my contact information?

    Visit the MSU Alumni Office to update your information to stay in touch with all things Spartan.

  • How do I submit biographical data changes directly to Advancement Services?

    Biographical changes, such as a new address, telephone, email, employment information, marriage status, awards/honors, etc..., can be emailed to

  • What should I do with returned mail?

    Hard copy mailings that have been returned to sender should be mailed via campus mail to:

    Advancement Services Records Team
    University Advancement
    Michigan State University
    535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
    East Lansing, MI 48824

  • What if I have a question about my tax deductible gift receipt?

    Please call the advancement office at (517) 884-1700.

  • Should donor gifts be sent directly to the Advancement Services Office or to the offices of individual development officers?

    This is at the discretion of each school/development officer, however, every charitable gift (original paperwork) needs to ultimately be sent to:

    University Advancement
    Michigan State University
    Spartan Way
    535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
    East Lansing, MI 48824

  • What is the procedure for anonymous gifts?

    A donor can request anonymity based on individual gift transactions or based on all transactions (in this case an alert or flag would be added to the donor’s record to indicate all gifts are to be coded anonymous). At the request of the donor, he/she can also have an anonymous recognition name for honor roll purposes.

  • What is MSU’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number?


Didn’t find an answer to your question?

Submit Question to Information Services