Regional Planned Giving Officer
Posting #: 5923
Department: University Advancement
Type: Administrative Professional
Salary Range: Negotiable
To assist in organization and implementation of comprehensive planned giving cultivation, solicitation and stewardship responsibilities (on regional basis) in concert with college directors of development and central development fund raising staff/management.
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, or Business, or a Bachelor’s degree in other fields – i.e. degrees reflecting a comprehensive curriculum in literature, science, or the arts.
- Five years in:
- Professional fundraising
- Public relations
- Or a related field, or
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in fields related to the management of personal wealth within long-term relationships, serving as a:
- Development officer in higher education, with preference given to experience as a Planned Giving Officer
- Certified Financial Planner
- Licensed Attorney, especially if working with estate planning
- Bank Trust Officer working in trust administration
- Or in a related position.
- Demonstrable knowledge of tax and trust laws affecting planned giving vehicles/strategies and comprehensive/charitable estate planning.
- Travel involving automobile.
How to apply
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Deanna Gast, Associate Director, Office of Gift Planning at email@example.com.
All candidates must submit an application and resume through the Michigan State University Human Resources web-based system (MAP). The URL for this website is www.jobs.MSU.edu. Please indicate the position number 5923 when submitting your application.
Screening of applicants will continue until the position is filled.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.